Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Where to begin?

Here I sit in my empty living room on the floor while BB paints around me. Soon this will be my former home which is weird and bitter sweet. Moving why is it so hard physically and emotionally? I guess it just is. BB wants to know what I'm up to and thinks I should refer to him as 007. Hmm that's a funny thought on many levels.

To bring you up to speed quickly we are moving from a fairly nice older home that is about three blocks from my office to a 10 acre 100 year old farm house about 15 miles outside of town. Did I mention we are remodeling it? Good times! I currently split my life between the two homes. It's insane currently but one has all my things and the other a shower. To make this move happen we have been working our "tails" off and it's been an undertaking. We have a number of pets which also made this move complex. Enough on that for now.

How did I get here? First props must go out to my amazing wonderful friend Chrystal who started a blog for advocacy for her daughter. I read her blog almost every day. Yes, Chrystal's an amazing Mom and you can read more about why she blogs here. Her daughter who now has the nickname of "Playette" is too cute for words and amazing. I have come to the conclusion that any kid can never have to many aunts or uncles so I've decided to dub myself as such. What can I say I like titles. Plus someone will have to teach Playette about animals as Chrystal claims a pet allergy. I'm not totally convinced but hope that Playette doesn't have Chrystal's reaction to cows.... dang that photo is on a different computer! I will find it b/c it's worth it.

So why a blog? I guess first and for most would be to write about issues that are near and dear to my heart. Then of course there is the concept that I really do need to get some of these thoughts out of my crazy head. Finally I want to share with others who may be contemplating doing something daring as I am in the process of trying to change my career 180 degrees.

So there you have it. I guess that is enough for now, 007 claims I need to help with painting. That's a funny idea and no that won't be his nickname.

Tee hee!

A few photos one is a sunset at my new home. The last is of 007 in my future kitchen. Yep, he's a funny one.




1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Aww, I love it! Congrats on the new blog. I'll add it to my readng list.