Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday

We got snow this week and more is expected on Sunday. Makes the ranch look so pretty but I am ready for Spring.


Slept in this morning and it was pure bliss. 007 got up early to take care of everyone, prep the coffee, and get ready for work. Gotta love mornings like that. I do find it odd or surreal that he's the one heading to the vet clinic and I'm the one snoozing.

Crazy the twist and turns life tosses us.

Speaking of such things I heard back form my instate vet school and once again they have rejected me out right. It's hard to accept but it's reality. I am uncertain as to my next move.

What's crazy is I have a good job, no scratch that I have a great job and it pays really well. What's hard is the subtle double standards that goes on. I am the only gal in a management position or non-clerical or administrative roll. So sometimes I get treated like them and sometimes I just get over looked. It is what it is and it's huge step up from my last thankless job. It's still not right. For example my counter parts all have company cars. In the past couple months I started turning in gas receipts so I get something but not equal. They have offices I have a desk in our overflow area also known as the break room. Eh I make fun of it and have made it as comfortably as possible. I still get paid so it's a bit annoying but not enough to make a stink about.

However...

It makes me want something more or something different. Basically I am ok with doing this job for awhile but not forever.

Of course this opens up a whole new can of worms which is, then what? I am working on that part. Its a bit complicated because I have a few months to consider various options. As of Friday (yes yesterday) school resumed for 007. He's happy and I am panicky hoping it all goes well. He has a heavy credit load and needs to work. Not the best combo but THIS is his last semester if we pull it off.

So with him in school until early May, I have time to come up with my next move. I'd like it to consist of a non-traditional work day. I have done the 8-5 for over ten years and I need/want a change. I also want sometime to explore the potential of the ranch. Being at an office during the core hours of the day makes me miss out on what I could do here. Assuming I could come up with something profitable or at least semi-productive.

Come on baby steps first...then maybe a noble peace prize!

Until then I will enjoy the fact that my Saturday is peaceful and all the pups are currently happily napping as I type. I have wonderful music on thanks to DirectTV and Internet thanks to apple IPad and At&T 3G! Yep, it is good to have so many options, live in the sticks, but still be connected to the world wide web.

Until next time...enjoy today, this moment, and dream about what you could do if you just let yourself. Food for thought :)




Location:Happy Tails Ranch

No comments: